Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life is going along

I just got off the phone with my good friend Valerie and she told me to "get on the spit" with my blog updates...so here goes! We had a great weekend...we did yard work all morning yesterday, then swam all afternoon, did the Church thing today, and then had a fabulous afternoon at the park...complete with cooler weather and kids that played contently with "new-found friends" so that their parents could sit peacefully on the bench and watch...It was great! Here are some pictures from our recent happenings...

Do think this daddy needs a son? Good thing he's getting one in 2 1/2 months! Andy worked hard mowing and edging and weed-killing for a few hours, then accepted Lauren's invitation to play dress-up in her room...he was out cold in the rocker looking pretty in his little tiara...I couldn't resist the opportunity...


This picture is "so" my kids...Lauren with her baby doll that Grandma Hyer gave her and Kate with her "bitzy" and "bobo"...chilling on the front porch...


We went swimming on Saturday afternoon, and our ritual Saturday trip to Ace Hardware store produced 2 new floaties, in addition to the week killer and hedging shears...Lauren popped hers before we even made it to Pasadena...now that's a grumpy 4-year-old


Skinny dipping Kate...her mother's daughter...the hose got left on in the pool this week, so it had WAY more water than usual, but the kids loved it...


Gilligan Kate...for such a mellow baby, she's really becoming quite the crack-up these days...

No explanation necessary...for some reason Kate likes to do this, and Lauren copied her this day...

Lauren being very careful with her markers...she LOVES to draw and it's fun to see what her little mind comes up with these days...in the background you can sort of see the new barstools we got for the kitchen counter...we LOVE them...we ended up ordering 6, so now when the family is complete, everyone will have a chair! It's so nice to just eat around the kitchen bar, and now we hopefully won't be so hard on the dining table.


Our current project...
...is that we are in the process of re-doing the front yard...we've always talked about doing it in the near future, and I've been on my dad to draw us up some plans (he's a landscape architect) so he and my mom came out Friday night, and the result is that we're doing it! Saturday the girls and I took down the picket fence (it was really, really easy), and tomorrow morning we're having the concrete pad taken out. My dad just sent us 2 different plans, so now we pick one and start planting...I love the designs, and am really excited...the concrete will come out, we're putting in a brick walkway, with a new shade tree in the front of the house, and plants/roses/greenery all along the front and side...



The little half-step in front of the main step has always been a trip hazard...in fact I fell down that little step the day we had our home inspection during escrow...and right after the inspector pointed it out to us...I was walking out the door to leave and literally missed the little half-step and fell, and I've cursed it ever since...good bye little step...you'll be jack-hammered out tomorrow morning...

Stay tuned for yard updates...we are well...I am getting ready for baby boy to come...I've been addicted to Craigs List lately, and little boy now has furniture in his room, and we're slowly getting the rest of the things we need...my mom and I picked out fabrics for the bedding, windows and chair, so hopefully his room will go from storage to nursery sooner than later. It's really nice having an "empty" room right now, but I guess that can't last.

8 comments:

Marcy said...

Ooh, I LOVE this update! Thanks for all the pictures and I can't wait to check back to see the yard progress. How exciting! That first pic of Andy is HILARIOUS. I just love it!

I can't believe you're due in 2.5 months! Any name for "baby boy" yet??

Becky J. said...

Skinny dipping like her mother? Oooh, there's a story there! :) Sorry that I didn't make it to your place Saturday--it was a much crazier day than I'd expected. And the front yard looks better and sounds like it will be awesome once you're all finished!

Montgomery Family said...

Oooooh, have I got stories to tell about you and skinny dipping!! No, I know how pay back works, so I'll keep them to myself!!:) Ahh, those were the days!!

Love the update. Your house is so adorable I can't stand it. You have done a great job so far and I can't wait to see the front yard. You lucked out with your parent's careers! Hook ups!!

That pic of Andy is hilarious. That's one for the record books! Still waiting for the belly pic!

The Bunker Family said...

Oh Shannon, I said, "Get on the stick!" You're too funny. Sounds like those nesting urges have kicked in!

Timid Tripper said...

Before you have your baby can you come help us with our front yard and decorate my house? Already you guys have accomplished so much more on your new house than we've done in eight months.

La La Land said...

Finally a new post! I can't wait to see the new landscaping! You'd better show lots of photos! I miss you so much...

Anonymous said...

Great updates! I love the picture of Andy with the lovely crown on. I'm sure he is so ready for a baby boy! My mom said she is excited to see you guys this weekend. That will be a fun trip. By the way I am 28 weeks and I am due November 13th. When is your due date?

Jessica Hughes said...

Ok I finally found you. Your funny pictures are great. Your like me I go every where with a camera. And not afraid to show it. I now remember the house and what youv'e done looks great. I went through a complete remodel on our home 5 yrs ago and it was hell we eventually had to move out for 9 months w/in laws not. fun. Now if we could just figure out what we are going to do with our next home and do it I would feel so much better. I love your cute family and excited your in our ward and in Bunco we will have fun. maybe logan and Lauren could play ao we could do family night together or we do game night with kids not there. You let us know welcome welcome...