Sunday, August 3, 2008

Spoiler: Sorry Karen, no belly shots!

Who wants to take a pic of their fat belly while pregnant? Not me! Sorry Karen, maybe in the next post! Just rest assured, I feel huge...I comment to Andy almost everyday that I feel 8 months pregs, not 6...I'm now 27 weeks, but feel like I could be due next week...guess that's what #3 in 4 years will do to you...here are some more random pics from the last several days...

I finally did it...cut Kate's mullet... I was at a girls' night last week and the topic came up, and the result is that I cut it the next morning while she was eating breakfast...it looks so much cuter now...still a little curly, but like a little bob...a good move...(like all the prints still lining the floor in our dining room? I'm not putting anything up until I feel inspired as to it's location...)

This is what we do almost every morning...squeeze a pitcher of fresh orange juice...so good, so good...we have so many oranges that I've given 2 bags away this past week...it's a good dilema to have...our little juicer is a powerhouse...who can drink concentrate after this glass of heaven every morning?

Two random pics of the master bedroom...2 things that make my life extra happy these days...having a TV in the bedroom and having a bathroom in my bedroom...who knew life could be so good? Obviously, this room is a work in progress, with paint and furniture and re-plastering...in the 2nd photo you can see where my dad has re-dry-walled the corner because we ripped a random cabinet down, leaving the inside of the wall exposed...I've just got to get it sanded down, a few coats of plaster on, and then some paint...lots of little projects...not enough time...the door leads into our office...a little bonus that we love...we had the ceiling scraped and re-plastered the week before we moved in...a good move...there are 2 french doors on the left side that lead out to the back...
Don't worry, the treadmill and all the tools on the dresser aren't staying there...

Kate had her first little playdate in Glendora this week...I don't know if this little girl will ever come back...Kate was a holy terror (as the case often is these days...watch out baby boy)...the girl was often in tears saying, "Kate hit me" or "Kate push me" and Kate had many a time-out in her bed...hopefully they can become good friends...they have the exact same birthday...

We trekked back to Pasadena to hit up Kidspace...our favorite...thanks Sarah and Chloe for a fun morning...how we miss our 2-3 times/week Kidspace fix...

A cute pic of Kate resting on the fireplace...

Lauren finished her first session of swimming lessons, and moved on to level 2...she is a fish...we swam all afternoon yesterday and she doesn't use any floaties anymore...she even swam the length of the pool...you go girl...


Kate thought it was a good idea to dump out all her trailmix and pick out the white chocolate chips...sounds like a good idea to me...guess she's her mother's daughter, or her grandma's granddaughter...

So, we're pluggin along...we had a great weekend...we swam all afternoon at my parents' house and then we got a sitter in Pasadena last night that just put the kids to bed at my parents' house and we went to dinner at City Thai in Old Town and then hit the Paseo for Batman...a good night, an expensive night, but worth it...Pasadena life is fun, and we'll definitely trek back for a date night there every once in a while. Lauren has one more week of swim lessons, but also starts AYSO soccer tomorrow...I'm not planning to super-schedule my kids with organized activities, but this week will be crazy...she has swim every night, and soccer Mon, Thurs and Sat morning...I wish soccer didn't start for another week...oh well. Somehow Andy's hand went up at the "Meet the Coach" yesterday morning and he's now the assistant coach for Lauren's team...I guess we've arrived at that "I'm the coach of my kid's soccer team" time in our lives. It'll be fun, but she's only 4, and I don't like her having that much in one week...when I found out that she would have 2 practices a week, and then Saturday games, I told her that Ballet class would have to wait till after Christmas when soccer is over...that didn't go over well...but it's too much. Her little body will feel like mine right now!

7 comments:

The Bunker Family said...

LOVE that picture of Kate & her playdate buddy. Priceless! We love playdates with Kate (& Lauren too, of course)!

Jean said...

Cute pictures of the kids!! I love the house, too. I would loooooove to have a bathroom in my bedroom too... someday!! :-)

Montgomery Family said...

I'm so sad there's no belly!! You HAVE to do at least one. It's a blogging rule I just made up!! I LOVE the beadboard in Kate's room! Your house looks so good. My mouth seriously watered when you were talking about the OJ. I was obsessed with oranges during my pregnancy! Any names for baby boy yet?

La La Land said...

I love the photo of Kate on the fireplace, did you notice the position of the doll next to her? Priceless!!!

Kizzycakes said...

good times. we LOVED seeing you guys recently -- i wish it were much more often! looks like life is good in glendora -- so jealous of the fresh OJ -- and it sounds like you don't stay far from Pasadena for too long. ah, the best of both worlds. congratulations on the mullet cut, i too have been thinking about it ever since that night. we'll see if i get brave here soon...

Becky J. said...

Glad you found our blog, and I'm glad that I have yours now! Very cute! And that picture of Sophie and Kate is classic. Sophie looks like she's in pain while Kate screams at her. No worries, they'll be best friends before we know it, once they used to each other. :)

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! How fun. I totally gave into pressure and took pictures of my fatness and posted them, maybe I should have stayed strong. Oh well. Anyway, I love your playdates that your always doing. They look super fun.