
We took all the furniture out of the family, except the dining table which was draped and laid with Laura's place-settings....I loved the white hydrangeas in the window sill.




The backyard...my dad built 3 tall light towers, inspired by the light towers at the entrance to LAX that change colors.

The bride and groom table between the 2 light towers...

The music and lights were controlled from my parents' bedroom balcony.

My mom made drapes for the pool lanai and upper patio...






A close-up of Laura...the only one I took!...she wanted a very contemporary look...her dress was very sleek, and I initially thought it was the slip when I first saw it hanging in the bedroom. She did not wear a veil, but had a feather/bead piece clipped in...she looked beautiful. I wish I had more pics...

I love James's bro-in-law with his tie around his head and sweaty, unbuttoned shirt--crazy dancer...The back of the house was lit in pink, except for this big hanging pic of J and L that was lit in white. For those that were at my reception, Andy and I had a huge picture also, and now we just cart it around with us when we move and joke that we'll hang it over our bed someday...the girls think it's hilarious when we pull it out!


These lime green strips next to the punch bowl had hundreds of flowers hand-glued onto them for table runners...

My girls danced and danced and danced...Lauren was a horizontal dancer--she would pull and bump into you, and I had to keep telling her to not be so rough! Can you see her with her leg straight up in the air? Her new thing is doing a hand stand, even on the dance floor.

...and here she is pulling James over...she spent a lot of time on the floor.

...and on the floor again...

Kate was so cute...if Lauren was a horizontal dancer, Kate was definitely a vertical dancer...she jumped and jumped and jumped!



So, that's it...as I write, they are on their way home from Kauai...I'm reliving our honeymoon through them...I'm sure they were tired of suggestions of where to eat and snorkel...happy life Waites!
11 comments:
Oh I'm so glad you posted these pics so I could see the reception. I was sorry to miss that. It looks just gorgeous, wow!! I loved all of it. It was so nice to be in the temple with you all that morning. Laura sure did make a beautiful bride and James seems like a really good guy. Yay for them!!
OH, but how could I leave out commenting on Lauren and her headstand?! Holy cow, SO funny! She's just like you Shannon---so full of life and spunk. Watch out with that girl! Love it.
your parents know how to throw a party!!! AMAZING and she does look beautiful!!
i understand the whole living through them thing...my sis started college a couple of weeks ago and i can't help wishing i was there....reliving it all :-)
Hooray for people in CA who know how to have fun at a reception! Those are the only weddings I've been to where people actually stay and dance and have a good time!
WOW!!! It looks like it was a BEAUTIFUL reception! I didn't even recognize the house! Stunning! So sad I missed it, really. I would have LOVED to be there instead of on a plane heading back home. I really enjoyed being with you all that morning at the sealing. They look so happy together. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Lauren's dancing is hilarious! I love the leg in the air. The reception looks beautiful, and so does Laura. Of course, I wouldn't expect otherwise.
So I've been meaning to ask you (and I can't seem to find your email address), are you related to Chandler Hyer who is marrying Karen Boyer? Karen is my little sister's best friend and a very close family friend. That would be fun if he's your brother-in-law or cousin or something.
I look stoned in the "close-up" picture.
Your parents yard is amazing at is, and yet they totally glammed it up. Gorgeous! I love the pic of Andy sneaking some "punch" behind the bushes.
Yes, we knew Jennifer was pregnant practically at conception. She has kept it a secret for so long and we were giving her a hard time!! She's the kind that still doesn't look pregnant at 20 weeks. We hate her because of that so she has to take a lot of crap!!
Wow! What a BEAUTIFUL night for Laura. She's probably glad that you got so much of the house, because I bet the professional was focused more on her and the guests.
I love summer for all the fun pictures that it brings. I think I have a couple from the cabin, but I can't post anything until I talk my mom through emailing me what got saved onto her computer. :) It's always great to see you guys and ya never know, maybe some day we WILL make it to Cali!
I am SO sad! I got your message right as I was getting into the car with a 20 minute drive ahead of me. You had just called and I was so excited to have time to chat. My phone started to call you and then the battery died. No car charger:( Sad days!! We'll catch up soon.
Post a Comment