One of my favorite moments has been spotting a Twingo car. My hubs Andy served his mission in France also, and one of my favorite mission stories of his is about when he totaled a mission car, simply by being side swiped on a narrow street. The way he described a Twingo made it sound like a mini tin foil car. We were driving around Paris yesterday with my brother's friend's sister (got that?) and I was commenting that I wanted to find a Twingo. Lo and behold, we were stopped at a light right next to one--out came the camera. It looks a little sturdier than a tin foil car, so Andy must be fibbing a bit about how much contact was involved in his little accident. Who names a car Twingo?
These pictures are in no order, and are mostly of people, as I've got a million tourist shots, but will keep them to myself and my photo book!
From one of the highest points in Paris--Sacrecouer...we went today...we climbed way up to the top of the dome...it was quite gray and overcast, so not much color...the Eiffel Tower is in the background...it was super windy and cold, thus the bad hair moment/day...
Vaux le Vicomte...a beautiful chateau outside Paris...we had a marvelous time walking around...we found out too late that we could have and should have rented a golf cart for 15 Euros...would have saved the soles of our shoes...isn't a golf cart what King Louis used to get around his chateau?
Notre Dame--the back view, which in my opinion is better than the front...
The Paris Opera House--it has been very very cold all week, and it was raining this morning that we went to the Opera House, but being the die-hards that we are (or that my dad is--we follow), we trekked all over the city in the rain and were soaking wet in this picture....not fun to walk in wet jeans. Marina, my brother's French friend, did not have good shoes on for the rain (bad girl) and was totally soaked through. We had to stop in the Gap (how French) and buy some dry socks. We went and saw Iron Man 2 this same afternoon on the ritzy Champs d Elysse and she took off her wet shoes and wore her new socks...
You should know this one...needs no caption..
Gotta love the Twingo--I need to crop this in, but I'm on my bro's computer...this one's for you Andy! Now I can put a picture to the famous story!
In case you're wondering, yes, I miss my kids and hubs like crazy. I almost can't remember the sound of the whine...
2 comments:
I love this post and cannot wait for more.
I can't believe that I didn't get all the details of your trip from you during out 6 hours of talking. What a fantastic time you had. SacreCouer was my favorite place in Paris too. I'm missing you already. August come quickly.
Post a Comment