Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seal Beach

Talk about getting caught up--I think I've covered our every move from the past several weeks. Not a lot of text, but the pics show what we've been up to...we hit up Seal Beach today with some friends and had a fantastic time. This was my first time taking all 3 kids to the beach by myself, but it went well and the kids and moms had fun. All 3 of my kids have 5th disease (yes, that's actually what it's called)--they're all in various stages of it. Lauren has a massive, full body rash that's particularly visible after a day at the beach! The 2 little ones have had fever the past few days, and we're now waiting for the rash to come. They were fever-free today, so we got out of the house and had a good time. No worries--it's a virus that just has to run it's course. After the fever, it's not contagious, so we took advantage. Charlie skipped his morning nap, but was a trooper for several hours.

4 comments:

Becky J. said...

Cute cute cute! You're so good with that camera!

Jeanette said...

Beach with the kids are so fun! Your little guy has the sweetest face. Yuck to 5th disease (I'm going to google it now cuz' I never heard of it!) and happy for you it didn't last long!!!

Wendy said...

so many familiar faces- i am jealous, it looks like a blast!

Becky said...

First of all - thanks for your post. It seriously made my day. :)
Wow! Charlie is SO cute! He belongs on the cover of Parent's Mag. All three are exceptionally beautiful children.

I guess I missed that your mom was needing chemo. I'm sorry Shannon. That's got to be rough. :( I hope she is fighting it!

Happy birthday to Lauren. Love the pancake - very creative. Darling cake. Did you make it?
Poor Kate.

Looks like a lot of summer fun with the Hyer's. We are just going to miss you guys. We're going to Utah, but not until the middle of August. Dang!