Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas odds and ends

Kate is in her third and final year at preschool, and it just gets cuter each year :)  This year the kids in her class dressed as Christmas trees and sang their little hearts out...

We have a Little People nativity scene that I had out by the fireplace specifically for the kids to play with...I was gathering it up one day and couldn't find Mary--the next day I noticed Mary was driving Charlie's dump truck--had to grab the camera...

Lauren's 2nd grade Christmas party--candy trains--total sugar overload...

Helping me bake...

The kids enjoying the first fire of the season--I think we fired up the logs when our temperature dipped to a chilly 65...

Andy and I got such a kick out of the Christmas lists this year--Lauren's list changed almost daily, and it certainly presented many problems for Santa because he kept thinking he was done.  Next year we will definitely mail official letters to Santa so that the requests can't change.  Santa had to make a few returns in the weeks before Christmas...As can be seen in the picture with the fire above, the lists were always taped to the brick...when Lauren altered her request, she would simply re-write it and tape up a new one...there were only ever 2 things--always an American Girl Doll, and then the other changed...below Lauren is asking for a piggy bank that fits gold dollar coins (she gets them from her Hyer grandparents) and an American Girl doll that looks like her, with a bed, bathtub, and clothes; Kate is asking for a robe and Go Go walking puppy; and Charlie is asking for a Percy and Thomas train.

Decorating the family room tree...

No comments: