Friday, March 14, 2008

Palm Springs

Andy and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on the 8th and headed to not-so-warm Palm Springs sans kids...it was wonderful. Honestly, wonderful. We stayed at the Shilo Inn Suites and went out to a leisurely dinner on Friday night, and then fell asleep watching a movie in bed. Saturday morning we watched another movie in bed until 10 AM and then finally rolled out for some breakfast (we certainly missed our TiVo, though...stinks to watch live TV with all the commercials). We spent Saturday doing almost nothing...sitting by the pool, reading, sleeping, watching TV...I tool the greatest nap right in the middle of the afternoon...how long has that been? That night we went out to a a well-recommended, not-cheap restaurant in downtown Palm Springs that proved to be a waste of money...from the salad to the main to the dessert--not good. Oh well.






Sunday we slept in again, took our time getting ready and headed to the Palm Springs Tramway...the largest rotating tram car in the world...absolutely cool. We went straight up the mountain to San Jacinto State Park at the top, complete with snow and a fabulous view overlooking the valley...it was unreal. Finally, we made our way back to Pasadena, rolling in around 5, and just in time for dinner at my parents'....great weekend.




3 comments:

Marcy said...

How fun Shannon! I'm so glad you had a great time. The pictures look beautiful. I love Palm Springs. Haven't been there for years...I should change that. Yay for getting away sans kids!

Becky said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a nice relaxing break - that's awesome. Glad you were able to have such a great time together.

dana said...

Sounds totally great, especially all the sleeping in and movies in bed. NICE.
Glad you got away! A great investment in your marriage.