Monday, February 2, 2009

A better week...

This was a better week because nothing broke! We got the carpet re-installed in the hallway (that was a PAINFUL check to write), and now we need to clean the carpet, re-hang the doors and put all the food storage back in the closet...I'm sick of the kids asking for cashews when they come into our bedroom! Our room has become the catch-all and we can't stand it...Andy doesn't have to go very far for his 3-times-a-night midnight snack!


I go to a mommy and me class twice a week with my good friend Becky and her girls...the kids play, sing, do art projects and eat while we get to chat the morning away...Becky and I probably should branch out and meet the other moms in the class, but we just enjoy each other! Here's Kate doing "Row Row Row Your Boat" with Sophie...

Lauren has met a friend in the class that is very "aggressively friendly..." Lauren has now choice except to be friends with her and follow her around...Lauren doesn't mind, and it makes me laugh...

I bought a roll of white paper that I use to cover the little table for art projects...it's perfect and the girls love it...nothing like water colors from Santa to give mom some time to make dinner...

Handy Manny meets Handy Lauren...I think it's so funny when she does this...on the 2 days that Lauren doesn't go to preschool she has to find ways to pass the afternoon while the little kids (and Mom) nap...she does pretty good at keeping herself busy...
Charlie boy...

Kate and Charlie both got haircuts on Saturday morning...Kate's ended up a smidge shorter than planned...oh well...at least we got some compliments on it on Sunday, so that made me feel a little better! Both my girls have so much wave in their hair that it's hard to get it to lay perfectly still and even...it's good for my amateur hair-cutting skills, but tough when I want to get the perfect bob...
Even little Charlie got his first cut...that little skunk-tuft is now safely in a zip-lock bag in his keepsakes box...
In the mayhem that ensues upon arrival home from Church (changing clothes, changing diapers, lunch, get into bed!) I caught Kate totally enthralled with her brother...
We had our annual Super Bowl party with the Bunkers and Riries...we're giving Noah plenty of years to make a decision between Lauren and Kate...Valerie is convinced that Noah and Lauren will date, and then Noah will leave on his mission, Lauren will find someone else, and then Noah will come home and marry Kate...and then our Charlie will marry their Charlotte...I'd love it...

We took several pictures of this shot, trying to get the best angle because Allison didn't want to look 9 months pregs...too bad girl, you're due in 1 WEEK and you look fabulous! Valerie finally draped herself over Allison's belly...can't wait to meet the newest addition to our college group...baby girl Ririe!Here's to another sun-filled week...I put the little kids in the stroller this morning and walked over to Lauren's school to enroll her in kindergarten...there are a million different emotions attached to that activity...just can't believe how time has passed...

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey, you're just lucky you know where she will be going to Kindergarten. I'm not sure where we will be when it is time for Haden to start this fall.

B Brown said...

That totally sucks about your water damage. One of the joys of home ownership I hope we can skip.

I love Kates haircut!

Erica said...

New carpet AGAIN! That totally sucks. Oh, house stuff, you gotta love it. :)

Rees Family said...

So sorry about the carpet. That totally sucks. It's like when you get a speeding ticket...throwing money down the toilet.
I love Kate's haircut. So cute.
How exciting to be signing Lauren up for Kindergarten. I just signed Brooklyn up for preschool and I am soooo excited. No sadness here. She is going to LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, kindergarten! That is crazy. She is growing up so fast. Love Kate's hair cut, and Charlie's. He is so adorable! I love your mommy and me class that is so fun. Sorry about your water damage.

The Bunker Family said...

Girl, you've got skillzzzza! Cutting hair, replacing carpet, exercising self-control with cookies...I wish I had your talents! =)

Becky J. said...

That picture of Sophie and Kate is awesome! I "borrowed" it--hope that's okay! And I've thought that before, too, about how we really probably should branch out and meet new people, but I agree, it's too fun just visiting with you! Though you probably got to yesterday when we weren't there to monopolize all your time!

Timid Tripper said...

I like the butcher paper on the table and the idea for distraction, but we're a few years away from water colors I suppose.

Amy Jarrett Hill said...

I will patiently be waiting for photos posted with your new SLR. In the meantime, so sorry about the chaos going on at the house.