It wasn't all bad this week, in fact we've been having a great time...the weather has been spectacular and we've been quite enjoying ourselves...here's a recap...
A leftover photo from a week ago...I dropped the kids with my mom and enjoyed dinner out with Allison and friends for her bday...2 days after she was due...she has since had little Tessa Kae and is getting used to the fun (and sometimes not-s0-fun) first days as a new mom...


Kate has decided that it's time to use the potty--much to my dismay...I was planning on doing it this spring, but she's quite insistent on using the toilet several times a day right now...I usually have to count to 5 for her and then tell her it's time to get off...it's not that I wouldn't love to NOT have 2 kids in diapers, it's just that I know the path to Elmo underwear is SO MUCH WORK! We'll see...now that Kate and Charlie can wear the same size diaper it hasn't been that bad to be changing both of them all the time...the biggest pain was trying to figure out if the diaper was size 3 or 4...now it's basically inter-changeble...she has a little bum, and he has a big bum.

Charlie...Andy thought he caught a hint of red in his hair tonight...I've been waiting for it to show up...both girls have been red, and Kate still has it, and I've been waiting/hoping it would show up in Charlie...I can't see it, but Andy thought he did...his hair is definitely growing in on top, so we'll see what happens.

I overhauled the kids' toys this week...in other words, I reached my limit with toys all over the floor that don't even get played with...I gathered up 3 baskets full and took them out...all the little things that don't really go with anything, and put them up above the closets...I've heard that it's a good idea to rotate toys so that kids feel like they have new stuff...my best guess is that those 3 baskets will never reappear on the shelves, but will go to Goodwill sooner than later...the girls play with the same few things every day...dolls and all their billion accessories, the new play kitchen, and crayons and coloring books...we have an assortment of puzzles, ponies, trains, legos, playdough, etc. that also comes out...but that stuff doesn't get dumped out all the time...now that they can actually see the floor and what toys they still have on the shelf, I saw them actually playing with some of them tonight...


The Young Men in our ward have a great Scout fundraiser...you give them money and they will purchase a flag and come put it up in your yard on all the big patriotic holidays during the year...this flag was up when we awoke on Presidents Day--well worth the money...and then they come take it down and store it until the next holiday!

Not sure if it's visible, but Andy took advantage of the soft, moist ground and finished digging out the planter under the birch tree, which had been quite difficult because of all the roots...now it extends all the way along the front of the house and around by the wall...my dad came this past weekend and we planted some more shrubs under the birch by the wall...they are re-doing parts of their yard in preparation for my sister's summer wedding, and we're the grateful recipients of free-to-us plants. It's all still a work in progress...the big round bush right in front is coming out, and we'll put 2 more rose bushes in...

A future BYU cougar? Oh to be so lucky...


We went to my parents' house last weekend...the kids got new toys at Christmas that stay at my mom's house...Kate got this doll that came with a disfunctional eye...it doesn't quite open and close the way it should...my brother teases her relentlessly about it...but she loves it regardless...

Charlie is sleeping in his crib now...once again we have re-arranged all our sleeping arrangements...Andy now sleeps in the twin (that will be Kate's) in Charlie's room so that he can change him in the night and then bring him to me...isn't that nice? Charlie goes to bed about 6:30 or 7 and sleeps 7-8 hours, and then is up in the early morning...he's not great about going back to sleep right away...that's why my day usually starts pretty darn early...Lauren and Kate are once again in the same room, although we've had to put them to bed separatly and then move Lauren once they're both asleep...if we try to put both of them to bed in the same room, they're up till 10, the room is a disaster, and they've changed their clothes...one day we'll all sleep perfectly...

My first attempt with pig-tails for Kate...she actually did OK with leaving them in...I'm trying to get her to "branch out" with her hair styles...can't remember what she was mad about in this picture, but obviously she'd just had chocolate....

Popcorn popping on the apricot tree--literally...our apricot is blooming...

A favorite backyard activity...swinging from a rope left by the old homeowners...




And to end...three random pictures of three kids...at the end of the day, I'm glad that they're mine and that I didn't leave them on the curb this morning when at least 2 of them deserved it!


12 comments:
Awesome post...I can so relate!!
Charlie just seems to get cuter and cuter every time I see a picture of him!
Thanks for your call...I've been totally MIA and am trying to get back into some sort of routine...and get caught up on my Google Reader/email/phone calls. I'd call now, but don't DARE interrupt AI. :)
Wow, so much I could relate to in this post. My kids are in size 3 and 4 diapers right now too. When I take them to Grandma's house, I right an "L" and an "O" on the diapers so she can tell them apart. I mean, may as well save money by using more size 3 diapers, right?
And the sleeping arrangements. UGH. Sounds like our house too. One day, one day, we'll all sleep through the night. Not sure when that will happen. I thought that having 3-4 bedrooms would make it work. But now you're making me lose hope in that dream.
Kate looks adorable in her pigtails. Love her watery eyes. I guess it was painful getting them on her?
Fun post.
Sorry you're up so early each day.
I meant "write" not "right". :)
Ouch, what a way to start the week. What is it with kids and climbing into cribs with babies? When Max was a month old my nephew visited and climbed into the crib with him and smeared vaseline all over both of them and half the bedroom. Not much gets that crap off.
Charlie is adorable. He looks so grown up now. And who doesn't love chocolate face and pigtails! Tears or not, cute pic!
ahhh. the joys of motherhood. why do we do this again?
That is funny about that baby doll because I think we have the same one with the same dysfunctional eye. Did you get it from Target? And it has a binki that goes in its huge mouth? I think every doll like that must have been made with a lazy eye.
I love your posts so much! That last part made me laugh so hard! You are an awesome mom! Charlie and Kate in the same size?!? What?!?
Ok, I'm loving your camera. What is it? I really need to come visit. I haven't seen the new house yet. And, I owe you a massage...take advantage.
Ohhh, they are sweet kids, even if they drive ya nuts sometimes. Glad your week got better than Wednesday was! Here's to our babies learning to sleep 12 hours straight! (sigh)
Great post! I don't think Charlie could be any cuter, I just want to pinch those cheeks! And hello!?!? he and Kate wearing the same diapers! Hilarious!
Your house looks fab. So sorry I didn't get to see you on my last visit out there.
I'm nursing Tessa while reading your blog. She took a minute to stare at the picture of Charlie's cute face, and when I scrolled down she got pissed.
You are busy! Thanks for the comment. Carrie and I went to high school together, so it was so nice to have her make my dress.
Take Care!
Post a Comment