...It's just that I feel that way every night during the time that I used to update my blog...however, while I still feel sick to my stomach in the PM, the barfing is beginning to slow down in frequency, so hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly. Despite the lack of news, we actually have a lot going on right now. I've already announced the baby...I'm 15 1/2 weeks now, and most certainly pooching out. This afternoon we were sitting at the kitchen table looking out the window at a really fat, black crow perched on the edge of the garage. I said to Lauren, "look how fat that crow is!" To which she responded, "it's fat like you mom" to which I exclaimed, "you think I'm fat?" to which she affirmed, "yes, your tummy is fat..." Wish it wasn't true, but coming from a 3 year old, you know it is (reminiscent of the "butt" comment your niece made on your blog Karen). I can't blame all the poundage on a 15 week old fetus...it's just a lot of fast food and soda...the only thing that fills my stomach and settles the queasies. Oh well...7 months from now, I'll be back in Weight Watchers.
The other big news that has kept us busy signing papers and writing checks is that we have bought a house in Glendora and will be moving next month...we are excited...it's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1900 SF house, with a huge back yard for the kids. There's also a little bonus room off the master bath that the current owners use for a nursery, but we will use for our office...basically we will have a big empty house for a while, as we don't own much furniture. We definitely have some projects on the horizon (remodeling the kitchen, the master bath, buying furniture, painting...the list goes on) but we are so excited to have a house. We're in escrow right now, and everything is proceeding smoothly, so hopefully we'll be official homeowners in a few weeks...I know that a lot of you reading this in other states are probably thinking..."it's about time"...but remember it's another world here, and house-buying is COMPLICATED and EXPENSIVE in Calif....it's taken us 5+ years, but finally we've got it. I'll keep you posted (hopefully, if I continue on the up and up) as we get closer to closing.
Here are some random snips from the past several weeks...
It was really, really warm for several days and the kids had fun in the sprinklers and pool almost every day...actually Lauren had fun...Kate isn't too keen on getting wet yet when the water is cold...she's fine getting muddy in the hose, but hasn't really done the sprinkler thing...she just watches Lauren.

This is Kate saying "cheese"...sometimes she gets so "into" it that her head tips way back and all you get is her neck and chin...we think it's cute...you can tell the mullet is growing faster than the top...luckily it normally is quite curly so it doesn't look as long...

We even did the slip and slide on my parents' lawn...ours isn't quite long enough...Lauren LOVED it...she hasn't quite got the coordination to run and then propel herself forward enough, but she did really well, and we would just take a hold of her arm or leg and send her flying down to the end...it really was a blast, and I'm sure it'll be a common activity this summer...

The kids tend to get into things a bit more messy while they're in Andy's care, and this day it was Ovaltine...all over the floor, baseboards, table, and the freshly bathed kids...I love the 2nd pic because it looks like Kate has a pirate tooth...

7 comments:
Congrats (again) on the house--I know you guys are so thrilled!!
LOVE the pictures!!! Although I'm sure the mess was a pain to clean up...sigh. At least you have the awesome pirate tooth picture!!
Thanks for an audible chuckle at the end of a long day! See you tomorrow! :)
The pics are great!!! Congrats on buying your first home:) We are in the same boat as you, an empty new house for a while... You will be close to Joy, right? We should all get together this summer!
Shannon,
Love the post. Congrats on the new house. That is awesome. I can't even imagine buying a house in CA. We would be broke!!!!
Also, sorry about all the throwing up. I feel for ya. I was on drugs throughout my entire pregnancy with Brooklyn. Barfing was just part of the day. Yuck!
Love the pictures. Your kids are so cute and do so many fun things. I'm thinking we need to break out the slip n' slide. It's going to be 100 degrees here. Yikes!
Congrats on the house. We'll miss you when you move. At least we know your folks are still here so you won't be a total stranger.
Congrats on the house! I'm so excited for you. It was great talking with you the other day! I LOVE that pic of kate with the pirate tooth. She'll love that one when she's older!!
BTW I love that one of your friends is dietcokegrrl...why didn't I think of that one! I love me some diet coke!!
I'm so excited for you and your house. It sounds so great. I'm so stinkin' jealous that it has a huge yard. They don't make those around here, as you've heard me complain. Sigh.
Those pics are so cute. I had to look twice at Kate, I thought for sure she'd lost a tooth. How funny. lol
I hope you are on the up and up soon. Good chatting with you the other day. I can't wait to get a phone call after your ultrasound. ;)
Post a Comment