Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just the kids...

Yesterday I took the kids to the Arboretum...the weather has cooled off a little bit and we had a really nice time...I called someone to come with us, but they couldn't, so I decided to go just the 3 of us...sometimes I forget how nice outings can be with just my kids. Often when we head to the park or another location, I'm anxious to see my friends and have some adult chat...I find myself wishing my kids would just play so that I can talk. But on the occasions that it's just us, it is so refreshing to just focus on them. This was no exception...I went with NO agenda...I didn't care if we made it 50 feet from the entrance and they examined every bug, stick and wild fowl. We took the leftover pancakes from breakfast in case we made it to the ducks and turtles, and we did, to the turtles. We took our time feeding the millions of turtles that were suddenly our friends, and Kate even threw in the tupperware she was holding, which I then had to carefully fish out with my toes...yuck. We had lunch, played, watched peacocks, and then headed home when it was time. Overall, I very nice time.


It doesn't look like Kate is wearing any pants, but she is...she looked like a little 80's chick with her mini denim skirt and hot pink floral, semi-sleeveless shirt...cute none the less

Lauren eating lunch, Kate "riding" the frog...I let Lauren take her "baby" and Kate take her "Bobo" which NEVER happens because I don't want to keep track of 2 extra people...they always stay in the car...but again, this day was just about us, and so I let them each take their best friend...they came home a little dirty, but nothing the washer didn't fix today...


This morning I was getting ready in the bathroom and Kate was unusually quiet (Lauren was at school)...I checked on her and this is what I found...cuddled up in the green chair watching Yo Gabba Gabba...she never watches TV (not for lack of trying on my part...neither of my kids are big Tube people), but she was tuned into this show for a few minutes...it didn't last, but it was nice while it lasted! Maybe she was just really comfortable with her "Bobo" and "Mimi"

3 comments:

The Bunker Family said...

Kate in a mini skirt? At her age?!!!! Wish it was me! LOL

Jean said...

Yay for the arboretum! Can ya believe that I just went for the first time on last Tuesday's free day?? LOVED it. I'm all about the free days now. :-) It's so pretty there! And so spacious!

Jean said...

Okay, apparently we were there on the same day. Haha! I went mid-morning... must've missed ya. Bummer!