Kate took quite the asphalt tumble at the park one afternoon...the loose, gravely type...it wasn't pretty for a few days...I think I actually took the picture because Kate's toe was sticking out of her pajamas and it looked so funny...both kids have jammies that have open toes now...Kate's wearing hand-me-downs from Lauren, and Lauren's are probably well into year 2 now...
Sunday, May 18, 2008
More updating...
I'm really trying to keep on top of this blogging thing...it's Sunday night and we've had our central AC going since 10 AM Fri morning without stopping...and it's fabulous. Our place may have it's quirks and drawbacks...but central heat and air it does have, and it's wonderful. Come visit...it's nice and cool inside right now, considering it's been 100 degrees here. Andy took the kids swimming at my parents' on Fri afternoon while I taught...they've totally remodeled the whole back pool area, including new plaster and tile in the pool, new pavers all over, and a few new structures, so it'll be extra nice for this summer...we definitely use the pool a lot. Even though it was probably 95 at 4 in the afternoon, the water was bound to be cold, but Lauren jumped right in and never looked back. The whole family swam again on Saturday afternoon, and our friends the Ragozzines joined us for a dip as well...it really felt so good. I'm considering turning down the AC a smidge tonight in an effort to not owe hundreds of dollars to Pasadena Electric, but probably won't! Here are some more random shots from the past several weeks...
Kate took quite the asphalt tumble at the park one afternoon...the loose, gravely type...it wasn't pretty for a few days...I think I actually took the picture because Kate's toe was sticking out of her pajamas and it looked so funny...both kids have jammies that have open toes now...Kate's wearing hand-me-downs from Lauren, and Lauren's are probably well into year 2 now...
Here's Lauren with her best friend from preschool on the morning of the Mother's Day Tea...she's forcing a smile for the camera...turns out her temperature was 103 and I took her home right after the tea...she was not well...
On Thurs afternoon we have a standing playgroup that Lauren has been a part of since she was 4 months old...these kids are good friends. We celebrated a birthday this past Thursday at Travel Town in Griffith Park...the highlights were the train ride (as always) and the cupcakes (as always!)


I went to Logan with my immediate family 2 weeks ago to watch Laura graduate from Utah State...since we've gotten past the surprise, we've all been really proud of her...she worked really hard. I don't have to tell those of you with kids how nice it was to have a break for 3 days!!! I sat down on the airplane and opened a book, and actually had to stop and comment to my mom that I was on a plane reading a book...it's been many a flight since that had happened.

This was a "tea party" that we had several weeks ago, organized by Lauren...yes that is a blue recycling bin turned upside down and Ritz crackers...she set this whole thing up and then told me to come outside and have a tea party...it was cute.

I love it when they do this...Andy plays one of the 3 songs he remembers from years ago, and the girls play right along with him...
Kate took quite the asphalt tumble at the park one afternoon...the loose, gravely type...it wasn't pretty for a few days...I think I actually took the picture because Kate's toe was sticking out of her pajamas and it looked so funny...both kids have jammies that have open toes now...Kate's wearing hand-me-downs from Lauren, and Lauren's are probably well into year 2 now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
fun recap. And I love your sister with dark hair. It looks really good on her, better than blonde.
yay for the updating! Doesn't it suck though?! Sometimes blogging seems like a chore to me, haha. But I love reading everyone else's! That's sweet that you were able to have a few days sans kids! You feeling any better these days?
fun updates. honestly, i stopped reading your blog for a while -- thought'd i'd give you a few weeks for the barfing to wear off. glad you're feeling a little better. and i'm SO happy for your home purchase! hooray for you guys -- what a glorious thing! can't wait to see more updates on the house. and good for you & your utah getaway. must have been so nice. congrats to laura -- she looks gorgeous in that pic -- love the hair. enjoy pasadena for us. we'll greatly miss good times at the pool this summer!
I'm glad you're back on the blogging bandwagon. Great pics of your cute girls. I love the one with Andy and the girls at the piano!!
Post a Comment