Monday we did the Kidspace thing with both Andy and me...always a treat...each child can go where she wants, and it's so much more fun and relaxing than me trying to chase Lauren one way, and Kate the other. In the afternoon we picked up a babysitter and went on our first date since I was 6 weeks pregnant...I'm too sick in the PM to attempt a night out, but I'm doing a little better, and we went in the afternoon. We hit Paseo for "Chronicles of Narnia"...a great, great flick and then enjoyed Island Burgers...can I say yum to the Hawaiian Burger and fries with ranch? Brings back many a teenage memory...and we got home and Kate was asleep, and Lauren was on her way...the house was cleaned up and the dishes done...I love hiring help for the hardest part of the day...definitely worth it...thanks for a fun date Andy. We'll have to do it again soon!
After again failing to find someone to come with us, the kids and I ventured out alone to Travel Town in Griffith Park, and again, we had a great time just with each other...so relaxing, and so fun. Admission is free (always a bonus), so we just paid to ride the train around, ate lunch, climbed all over the old, vintage trains, and had a great time. Lauren lives to ride the train at Travel Town, and Kate finally left my lap after the first trip around the park (it goes twice...what a deal).
While hollering to Lauren to not play in the mud that she was running toward, she dropped into a sink hole in the middle of the lawn...at least it wasn't mud...it provided entertainment for the last 30 minutes of our visit...literally the grass dropped into water...overall, a very fun morning...although initially frustrated that no one could go with us (I always decide what we're doing so last minute), it was another fun, alone-with-my-kids sort of day, and I liked it that way.
1 comment:
Man that park sounds like fun. I'm excited to go there with you this summer.
Post a Comment