I rarely get on our own blog, except to post, so I'm always amazed at how few days I have left in this pregnancy--20 days today. But that depends who you ask, I suppose---at my 4-D ultrasound last week (36 weeks, 2 days technically) I was measuring 2 weeks ahead, with the baby being as big as both Kate and Lauren weighed at birth. But then my regular OB said there's no way--who knows? A week ago I was 3 cm, 50% percent effaced, which means nothing for me...I was induced with Kate at almost 6 cm...(Andy is probably mortified in his chair at the amount of info I just shared with the world--sorry hon...most readers are probably female and don't care...) Let's just hope there's no traffic between here and the hospital, 20 minutes away. Anytime now, I suppose...
I took the kids Halloween costume shopping this morning...I had every intention to do something really creative this year, probably with my mom's sewing help, but with 2 weeks to go till Halloween, and my mom who is already swamped with paying jobs, plus the death of my grandfather and a subsequent trip to Logan for a burial (for my mom-the sewer, not me), and an impending birth, a trip to Walmart had to suffice for this year. Lauren went into Walmart wanting to be a witch, and walked out very happily with a Cinderella dress. She has been wearing it basically since we got in the car, and then slept in it for 90 minutes during her nap, and is still wearing it as I type. Kate was going to be Tigger, but I couldn't resist the pumpkin outfit...baby boy (if he arrives in time) will wear a $3 orange onesie. Lauren changed her mind 10,000 times depending on where her eyes landed, but I think she's happy with Cinderella. I love Walmart---so, so cheap.
Some pics from our week...
Most of the streets in our neighborhood have alleys behind them...it's fabulous...the garages open onto the alley, and the trash company comes down the alley that you share with the street behind you...so we put our trash cans out back...keeps the streets from being lined with trash cans during the week...it's also great for little girls that like to ride their bikes...very little car traffic...here the girls are waiting for Andy to open the gate to let them out our backyard...
The girls LOVE playing on our little beat-up swing set...from forts to putting the hose down the slide, to this week's activity...sliding on pillows and blankets down the slide...lots of fun...
I've recently joined the MOMS Club in my city (after 4 years in Glendale...I was sad to leave, but alas, it's too far to drive)...a bunch of moms from the club got together this week to visit a nearby animal sanctuary...deer, raccoons, birds, etc...I think they had a lot of fun--it's fun to see the girls make new friends, and to know we're not going anywhere...
I post this next picture, not because it's particularly cute, but because you can sort of see that we have, in fact, finally put some things up on the wall...we also got baby's closet painted this weekend, plus another paint coat on the hall closets, and the baseboards in the hall, oh yeah, and the former hole in the corner of our master bedroom got it's final plaster coat and is just about ready to be painted...now that's progress!
The perfect dining situation for a 4 year old and a 2 year old (and their stuffed animals)...thanks Grandma Smith...
Another soccer game for Lauren...it started better than the last one I went to...she was on the field...
...until the celebratory team huddle and treat at the end of the game...we consider this a success...she was physically on the field for half the game...
These last 2 are from this afternoon...this is where Kate is supposed to be napping...
This is where I found her...she learned to open her door this afternoon...she came out 3 more times after this, and then her hand couldn't quite figure out how to turn that knob one more time and she just cried at the door until she fell asleep...Lauren never once climbed out of her crib, nor opened her door...I guess the 2nd child knows that's there are more exciting things to do outside the bed and bedroom...
5 comments:
Okay, so I just got to your blog! I know you sent me the link, but I lost your email!! I just figured out that you can click on your name after leaving a comment and it will take you to that person's blog! Get it?! Anyway! A boy!!! Yea!! That will be so fun!! Your girls are adoreable...so cute!! Do you have any names ready?! Keep us posted!!
Great update... looks like girls are involved in all kinds of fun things right now. I can't believe you're so close, Shannon!! 20 days?!! Time flies. I hope the baby's smaller than the U/S indicates, and that he comes early. :-) C'mon, baby!! In the meantime, enjoy that phantom candy! (I've done this in a previous ward... it's so fun! We should do it in the Pas ward.) :-)
Fun pics! We got phantomed twice too b/c the wind Monday blew our ghost into the bushes...oops...but we love the candy! By the time we finally got our act together to phantom someone else it seems everyone has been gotten. We wanted to do your house but obviously that's not gonna work, unless you want more candy? :)
I hope you don't have your baby while we're gone next week! But I do hope he comes soon!
Great update! I miss you so much. I can't believe that you only have 20 days left. Your house looks fab and I LOVE the photo of Kate licking the Kitchen Aid attachment!
20 days! Holy cow, that's soon. I'm just not ready yet ;) At least you have all that halloween candy to snack on while you contemplate new baby boy's arrival.
Post a Comment