We may have hot temperatures, but we still have lots of oranges on our trees...Hyer heaven will be filled with fresh-squeezed orange juice (except the kind where you don't have to pick the oranges yourself!)...I used to go out with the kids in the mornings, but now I'm plain too big and uncomfortable to stand there with my neck and back craned upward with a big fruit-picking basket in my hands...each Saturday I try and get Andy to go get me a bag to last the week...heavenly.
Enjoying lunch...2 kids, a pumpkin, Bishy Bear, and Bobo Bunny...kid heaven...
Lauren and I made cookies this week while Kate was sleeping...I left the kitchen and came back to this...a cookie happy-face...
Kate has really started climbing out of her bed...during naps and at night. We have another twin bed for her, but right now it's in the baby's room, and gets used regularly for sleeping by other members of the family (varies who, depending on the day)...she's not a pro at opening the door, so this is usually what happens...I go in after she's asleep and pick her up and put her back in her crib...last week, after she woke up from her nap 2 hours later, she climbed back out to lay on the floor and wait for me...she always uses Bobo as her pillow...
I took both kids to my OB appt. last week...(doesn't that sound fun? I've done that 2 weeks in a row...the last few appts. of pregnancy can be pretty invasive, so you can imagine how fun it is with 2 kids in the room...), but we took advantage of being in Pasadena all morning and went to Kidspace...ahh, how we've missed you...we used to go 2-4 times a week when we lived here...we still go, but not quite as regularly
We had our Ward Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday night...a nice trial run to see if the kids would actually wear their costumes (actually Kate was the only one I wondered about), but I just mentioned "Pumpkin Costume" and "candy" and she was all for it...my kids live for sugar...they must get it from their dad...Lauren wore a pink shirt under the dress, and I was too lazy to make her change it, and Kate has a black shirt to wear under hers, but it was too blasted hot...I imagine that this will be the first of many, many Halloween photos in front of our fireplace...fun.
And since it's now Monday night, and I still haven't posted this update, I'll just add photos from today and be all caught up...Kate and I went to a Halloween party this morning with our local MOMS Club, which I've since joined--great group of moms and kids...a mom hosted it at her house and did a fabulous job...Kate is standing next to her good friend Sophie (in the Tinkerbell costume)...I didn't put Kate in her pumpkin costume because it was too hot...
The girls love to "hide" when they hear Andy get home...I happened to have the camera right on the counter tonight during their hiding episode...this is what Kate does each afternoon--no joke...she covers her eyes and "hides"
Tonight we (read--Andy) carved a pumpkin--they mold so fast once you carve them that we decided to wait till the week of Halloween to gut it---this was Andy's first attempt and he did a good job! Last year both girls really got involved with scooping the innards out, but this year they thought it was gross, and were really just concerned that it was going to be a "mean pumpkin" with sharp teeth...it ended up with no teeth and a big gaping smile...
4 comments:
your posts are getting longer and longer these days...I forget everything that I'm going to write :-)
the kids costumes look cute! and the tradition of standing in front of the fireplace sounds fun! maybe that will be me someday!
your porch sounds like it will be beautiful when done! I still want to tour your house :-) so I can get even more jealous
you still look sooo good! I don't envy you, b/c I hate being pregnant and going through delivery, but a few days after you've had the baby, I will envy you :-) can't wait to see pics! and to hear the name...maybe others know the name already?
I know I had more to say, but can't remember. keep updating :-) it's fun seeing what you've been up to!
I just loved this post! So much to get caught up on and so much cuteness going on! I am literally dying over the pics of the girls. They are DARLING!!!!! And Shannon, you look fabulous for 39 weeks!
good heavens girl you look great. I'm so glad you got this long post up before the babt comes. you should be all ready now. just get halloween out of the way and no worrys until thanksgiving. Your girl are adorable and take great pictures too.
Great post! And I am so glad you posted pics of your beautiful pregnant belly!! Love that! About the extremely hot weather..... I am just about cursing you right now because although right now in UT it isn't too cold during the day, but at night it gets down the the 40's! BRRRR! I know what is just around the corner..... SNOW AND ICE!!! Be grateful you don't have to deal with that! Oh how I would love for it to be 90!
Post a Comment