Sunday, September 6, 2009

First day of Kindergarten

My baby went to school. And I didn't shed a tear. And before you judge, I've been told by countless others that they didn't shed a tear either. I've certainly had my moments of nostalgia over the summer...the moments of "where did the time go?" but on Tue, Aug 25th there was nothing but pure excitement coming from mother and daughter. Lauren was so ready and excited. She has a fantastic teacher, knows a ton of kids at school already, and I'm a member of the PTA!

Kate, Charlie and I walk Lauren to school every morning...I LOVE that about our neighborhood...all the moms, dads and kids pouring out of houses and walking to school every morning. I have plans to walk to pick her up as well, but it's been too hot these past 2 weeks, so we drive the 6 blocks to get her.





5 comments:

Marcy said...

Ahh cute! And I love that you didn't shed a tear. haha! I'm such a wuss. Lauren looks so big and excited, how fun! I also love that you walk the kids to school. We have the same strollers! Good idea to take a pic of siblings...I'm so gonna do that. I'm going to want to remember pushing the kids while we walk S to school, you know?

Carrie said...

Oh man! I'm right there with ya on not shedding a tear. Although I did..... tears of sweet, sweet, JOY!! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids terribly, but at times, mom's just need some R&R! So glad she had a good time!

Kizzycakes said...

holy crap, she looks so old! i can't wait for jane to start tomorrow. and i could be wrong, but i'm not feeling the tears either. grow, grow, grow!

Anonymous said...

Kindergarten already! Wow, how exciting. I'll bet she just loves being in school. That is fun that you guys walk her to school everyday and I don't blame you for the drive. 6 blocks is alot when it's hot outside.

La La Land said...

No judgment here... I love your stories. I can't believe she's old enough to go to school!