We kicked off the Fall football season with some of our favorite people--the Bunkers...a little meat on the BBQ, crazy kids running through the house for 5 hours, a bowl full of Peanut M&Ms (our ode to Allison and Ted)...makes for a fun night. We split our time (and our DVR) between 2 very important games--BYU and Virginia Tech--Chris is a HUGE Virginia Tech fan--I guess we are all Hokies by association. Yes, you read that right--Hokies. BYU won, V Tech lost...poor Val has to put up with a mopey Hokie for a while (until they win again, she explained).
Here's my favorite Cougar fan ready for the game...

The guys mostly sat in this position for most of the night...only getting up to refill their plates.

And finally after many months and several requests, Andy got the bike seat installed (the best 10 bucks spent at Sport Chalet....yeah, we're not super handy)...he took the girls for a bike ride...Kate loved it. Lauren, on the other hand, showed up at the door in near hysterics...I think she was about to go into heat stroke--she was tomato red, and had tears and snot and sweat coming down her face--guess 95 degrees is too hot to make a 5 year old pedal all over Glendora?
This smile was quickly replaced by sweat...poor thing...we'll wait for it to cool off some before any more bike rides...


Kate's curly mop-head, post-nap...I hope she keeps the curl...she got her first professional hair cut this week...I've always cut both my girls' hair, but Kate has so much wave/body in her hair, that it's hard to get it really even...I just wanted someone to make it perfect and then I can take over again from there...


We luck out with acquiring some great used toys---this is the latest and greatest free toy in the Hyer house--a playhouse...even Charlie loves it...





Our boy is now walking--can't believe it...he's taken 5-6 steps a few times now--so cute. I always predicted that he'd be the earliest walker, which turned out to be true---10 months 1 week...Lauren was 10 months, 2 weeks...Kate was 11 months (not sure what took her so long...guess she was ornery then, too)

Kate is 2--need I say more? This is the face I get from her A LOT...here's to hoping she grows out of this stage, quickly.

I got a kick out of this...totally ghetto---a big huge weed growing out of our rain gutter in the back yard...

Travel Town the week before school started...I let Lauren pick whatever she wanted to do that week, and she begged to go to Travel Town...we used to frequent this place more often when we lived closer...a good, free visit...

Lauren and Paloma---off to Kindergarten...

Afternoon routine...wake up from naps and eat ice cream...



Backyard water play...

3 comments:
Can I come live at your house and be your 4th child? The Hyer house seems like so much fun! Great posts!!
GO byu!! that was a great game. glad to see you dress your child up like a true cougar :) also, you made me laugh at the fact that it's too "gross" to pull out your child's teeth -- haha! i fully approve -- mouths gross me out too.
Dang! I missed watching the game with you guys?? We were watching it here, just screaming (during the exciting parts, of course. It'd be awkward to scream during a time out or something), and I got jealous at the mention of the peanut M&Ms. I haven't had ONE since we got here. Hard to believe, huh?
Post a Comment