Andy and I took the girls to the Rose Parade on New Years Day...we left a napping Charlie with my parents. We had a really great time for the first hour, but by about half way through the parade the cotton candy sugar high wore off and the the girls were hot and ornery. The floats, bands and horses weren't overly exciting to them anymore. Overall, it was a lot of fun, but maybe a little long for a 5 and 3 year-old. Using an idea that I remember as a little girl with my dad, we brought 2 ladders and a long board to mount between them to build our riser to sit on. It was a great success! There were obviously tons of people and we wondered where we would sit, but we gave a guy $10 to let us sit on his driveway behind all the crowds, where we set up our ladders and could see over everyone. The Glendora H.S. band was in the parade, and I wanted to stay long enough to see them march by us, and of course they were about 5 from the end. Thus we had hot, grumpy kids after 2+ hours, but we supported the home town!



Cotton candy...

The meltdown begins...

...and continues...it was getting pretty hot and they were searching for shade...

We made it to the end...Go Tartans...
1 comment:
Hey! I grew up going to the Rose Parade sitting on long boards and ladders too!! I wonder if we ever ended up sitting near each other as kids! Crazy. Love your pics. How's photography going? Miss you.
xoxo
Post a Comment