Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine festivities

We had a great Valentine's day...Lauren decorated her valentines for her school party and came home with a stack of cards and way too much candy...luckily I have a child that subscribes to the idea "out of sight, out of mind." The candy disappeared and she won't miss it.




Here are the kids on Valentine's morning, each randomly wearing a "Happy Valentine's Day" bib from the 99 cent store...the best place to buy good plastic bibs that have the pocket to catch food...I only realized that the bib matched the occasion after they were eating...



Due to my teaching schedule and the difficulty of going to dinner mid-week, we stayed at home and had breakfast for dinner...our variation of a Valentine's Day breakfast in bed. We each had a present to open and then ate home-made waffles, raspberry sauce, bacon, juice and then decorated cookies for dessert...

Last night while getting ready for bed, Andy shared this funny story...he took the kids to buy my present on Wed and he walked into a nail salon in the mall carrying Kate and holding Lauren's hand and told the lady, "I want a spa pedicure." The lady looked at him with the 2 kids, and then turned to her supervisor. She asked the lady if she wouldn't mind watching the kids while he got his spa pedicure...he quickly added, "for my wife!" I'd love to see the day that Andy gets a spa pedicure...

4 comments:

dana said...

that story is hilarious! I love that the women were ready to watch the kids for him. I guess that's what women do...step in to watch kids whenever needed!

The Bunker Family said...

Tell Andy that if he wants to get a pedicure, he can no longer wear socks with his sandals! =)

Shelley said...

What a funny story. You definitely have a husband who is in tune with what a woman/mom would want. (Time a way from the kids with someone rubbing your feet and making you feel pretty). I'd have to flat out say that what I want!!

Becky said...

Sounds like a yummy dinner - Jon doesn't like waffles so I it's been a while for me. Raspberry sauce, mmm, even better!
That story of Andy's is hilarious. Now if only it were really that easy to have someone watch your kids. You should try that when you go in to redeem your gift!