Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's fun being 3!



I think it's so fun having a child that is old enough to have real, genuine friends that she enjoys and that she can play with independently, with little interference from me (except the usual "give back that Princess shoe!") Lauren had a friend over this week and they had such a good time together...Mia's mom is pregnant and doesn't yet know the gender of the baby. I asked Mia, "does your mommy have a baby in her tummy?" to which she replied "yes! I want a sister!" I said, "Lauren has a little sister...isn't it fun to have a sister Lauren?" to which the response was a loud and emphatic "NO!" One day the love will come out!



I was getting lunch ready in the kitchen when Lauren came into the kitchen pushing Mia in this small tupperware (that at one time was filled with My Little Ponies and accessories...now all over the bedroom floor!) Mia is tiny and I guess she thought it'd be fun to "hide" in the bin!



Mia about had a mini-meltdown when her dad tried to pry her away from the playdough activity...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my foot would fit in that bin. Certainly not my butt. Stupid M&Ms...

Anonymous said...

Lauren is cute and sassy 3 year old. One day her response to that question will be a YES! :)

dana said...

cute little playdate! YOu're right, fun to see them interacting with someone their age on a real "friend" level.
That picture of Mia in the tupperware is hilarious. HI-larious.

The Facks of Life said...

I love these pictures! Oh the benefits of being small. You never know when you're going to need/want to fit into a tupperware container. Thanks for posting them. You'll have to email them to me too. Thanks for having her over. She just loves Lauren.

Becky said...

How fun. Your blog always looks so cute. I like your style and color combinations. Hope you guys are doing well. :)

Christy said...

It is fun being 3 and being a girl!