Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Donkey Returns...

The expression on Lauren's face is what Andy and I like to refer to as "the Donkey." We have several photos of Lauren from the past few years with this exact same expression...I have to laugh out loud when it rears it's bizarre little head! It's so funny-looking! Part of the humor in this photo is also her outfit...I've mentioned many times that this girl, no joke, changes her clothes at least 6-7 times a day...and the outfits she comes up with...I just have to hang my head in awe...where does she get such style? In this picture she's wearing a Christmas shirt from 2006 that says, "Watch out Santa, here comes Grandma," plus an old-school bathing cap that Andy gave her for her 1st birthday, plus a genuine leather vest that her Grandpa gave her last summer and that she wore as part of her cowgirl costume this past Halloween. Luckily this outfit only lasted about 5 minutes and was quickly replaced by some odd assortment of stripes and too-short pants...who says it's fun dressing a girl? Clearly that girl has not yet reached the age of 3...there is nothing fun about the constant wardrobe battles at the Hyer house. Here's the donkey a few years ago at a Halloween party...just gotta laugh...

No comments: