Sunday, January 6, 2008
Island Park
Updating this blog about our holiday travels will definitely be a "work-in-progress" as I still feel tired! Christmas afternoon we loaded the trailers with the snowmobiles and put the kids in the truck and away we went up to Island Park, Idaho...a pristine desitination for the snowmobile lover in the winter, and the 4-wheeler lover in the summer. It's a wonderful chance for the entire Hyer family to get together...we are getting quite big...there were 19 of the 22 grandkids...(3 are out on missions), plus the spouses of the married grandkids, 1 great-grand baby, all of Andy's siblings and their spouses, and of course Chuck and Karen...king and queen bee. Lauren's favorite activity was being pulled on a sled behind a snowmobile and any other activity involving her cousin Jaxon. We're a little worried that Jaxon is getting just old enough now (almost 7) that he doesn't want his 3 1/2 year old cousin as his shadow. Even this past summer he still thought it was fun that she liked him that much...he repeatedly rolled his eyes at her in Island Park! Kate just like being fed and playing on the stairs and hanging out with Jaxon's little sister, Taya. We sure did eat a lot...everyone brings every piece of junkfood they've received for the holidays and dumps it on the counter...we play games and eat and eat and eat when we're not out on the trails. We all gained a few pounds...oh well.


Lauren on the sled with cousin Jaxon




This is the token snow picture with Kate...she actually liked the 5 minutes she was outside, despite the photo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the pics! Especially the one of you and Lauren sledding and the one of Kate screaming. Too cute! Looks like a fabulous Christmas! I'm so glad. Wow does that place ever look beautiful!! Almost makes me want to go to Montana for a white christmas...almost! hee hee
Looks like you had alot of fun!! I got your cute card and I know I have been the worst blog poster in the world. I am getting some on there tonight!! Your girls are so beautiful!! Happy New Year.
I love Kate's outfit! She looks so cute and warm. Your blog is always so fun to look at. Happy Blogging times!
Post a Comment