Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We miss our Daddy...


By the time Andy comes home at midnight on Friday night, he'll have been gone for 9 days...a long time. We miss him. He's back in Philadelphia attending a class at Wharton Business School to complete the second phase of his CIMA certification (a financial designation). It's been a long haul, reminiscent of our first years of marriage when he was getting his CMT, a different financial certification. He keeps asking me not to let him do this again...it wasn't my choice, Hon. Andy usually gets home in the middle of the afternoon because the stock market closes early on the West Coast...Kate always knows when Daddy is home because she can see his car come up the driveway. But the past several days, his car has been parked in the garage...just about every day now Kate climbs up on the table and presses her face to the glass, and says excidedly, "dada! dada!" Poor girl...the car hasn't moved. We miss you Andy!

6 comments:

threegirlmom said...

That is so cute!! I feel for you.. I don't like it when Tyler leaves either do my girls. Hang in there Kate!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet photo. Your girls are so cute!

Christy said...

Of course I remember you! It is so fun to keep in touch with people via blogs. You have such a cute family. Your girls are adorable. I know a lot about girls! Thanks for the post and I will be checking your blog now.

megan said...

thanks for the tips on the soup! I'll have to give it a try! I didn't know you had gone into full blog mode...thanks for letting me know :-) It looks great!!! And I would go nuts with justin gone that long!!! You are one brave chica!

Marcy said...

Ahh, that breaks my heart! SO adorable! We had a fun visit this past Sunday. Thanks for making the trek. We'll have to come your way sometime soon!

Shelley said...

That picture of Kate is so darling. That has to make Andy feel good too; he should print it and put it on his desk. I'm sure you're all glad to have him back; it's exhausting to have to do it all yourself.